PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We collect and use your personal data to provide and continually improve our Services.
Personal Data we collect from you:
- Login / Registration. When you receive account information provided by us, you will be required to set your login password. When you register an account to become a user of the Services, you may be asked to complete registration forms which require you to provide your name, your company name, the type of your company, your phone number, your e-mail address, and the country you reside. If you do not provide the data marked as mandatory, we may not be able to complete the registration process or provide Services to you. The account is only accessible through the password you have set. You are solely responsible for protecting your login name and password, limiting access to your account and signing out of websites after your sessions. If you share your password with other person, you may expose your personal data to unfavorable and undesirable consequences. You are advised to inform us immediately upon discovering any security loophole in the account or any illegal or suspicious use of the account.
To ensure the safety use of and to continually improve the quality of the Services, we will collect and retain your login information and other information relating to your use of the Services. We promise that we will not provide such information to any third party, unless with your express consent or otherwise provided by the applicable laws.
- Customer Services. When you intend to book a demo or request us to contact you for customer services, in order to match your service needs, we will collect your name, your email address, your company name, the type of your company, your phone number and the country you reside, and other information you volunteer to provide to us. To ensure the quality of the Services, we may record the phone conversations with you, which may involve your sensitive personal data. If you refuse to provide such data, some of the customer services may not be available to you.
- Sending Promotional Communications. If you permit us to send promotional communications to you, we will need to collect your email address.
- Conducting Market Research. To improve our Services, we may conduct market research from time to time, and collect your feedback through questionnaires or other forms. You understand that the research is not mandatory and your participation in the research and provision of your feedback will be deemed consent for us to collect the information that you choose to provide.
If you provide someone else’s personal data to us when using the Services, please ensure that you have obtained valid authorization from the data subject, and that they have fully understood and accepted this Privacy Statement.
Personal data we automatically collect:
- The device information, including platform/device category, operating system, browser type, the location of your device, Internet protocol (IP) address will be collected to help us provide targeted Services and optimize the performance. Such information will be collected after you start the Services. If you deny our access to such information or provide incorrect information, all or part of our Services may not be available to you.
- Access records and use habits will be collected for us to better understand and serve the users. These data will help us to develop and provide more user-friendly functions, information and Services. Such information will be collected in real time when you use the Services. If you refuse to provide or request to delete such data, InsureMO Services may malfunction in whole or in part.
Personal data collected from third parties and our affiliates:
To provide more professional, qualified, and personalized Services, to improve the efficiency and speed of your query, to provide services jointly with us, or to prevent internet fraud, our affiliates or partners may, subject to your consent, share legitimately acquired personal data to us, unless prohibited by applicable law.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA
We will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- For purposes of identity verification, security precaution, fraud detection, to achieve better user experience for you, and to improve the security of our websites and other Services provided by us;
- For purposes of sending emails, text messages (including commercial text messages), push notifications and etc., to promote or advertise our Services. If you do not want to receive such notices, you can follow corresponding instructions to unsubscribe, but you will be unable to unsubscribe some important notices, such as system maintenance notices;
- For purposes of understanding your using behaviors to optimize user experience, improve functional design, and provide better Services;
- After collecting your personal data, we are entitled to de-identify your personal data and you agree that we have the right to use de-identified data, and to analyze and use all or part of the database for purposes of provide better Services without disclosing your personal data, including but not limited to publishing, analyzing, or using the data obtained from the analysis of user visits, access periods, user habits, etc.;
- For internal purposes such as internal audits, data analysis and research.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
HOW WE SECURE DATA
For the purposes stated in this Privacy Statement, we will store your personal data for the maximum period permitted by law. We maintain (and require our service providers to maintain) appropriate organizational and technical measures designed to protect the security and confidentiality of any personal data we process. We also periodically examine the effectiveness of the security measures (including physical security measures) to prevent unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, the personal data we process.
We limit access to your personal data to our staff who need access to such data for their work and we require our staff who may have access to your personal data to keep your data confidential. Nevertheless, no method of storage or transmission is 100% secure. While we follow generally accepted standards and endeavor best efforts to protect your personal data, we cannot and do not guarantee the absolute security of the personal data you transmit to us.
HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL DATA
We take care to allow your personal data to be accessed only by those who need access to be able to perform their duties, and to be shared only with third parties who have a legitimate purpose for accessing it. We will take necessary measures to require those who have access to your personal data undertake no less obligations than those required by this Privacy Statement.
We may share your personal data to third parties in the following circumstances:
- As required by applicable laws and regulations;
- As per the requirements of the competent government authority;
- To safeguard our legitimate rights and interests;
- Where we believe it necessary in order to protect the vital interests of any person;
- Where we cooperate with service providers to perform services requested or functions you initiated or to improve our Services.
- Where we have obtained your consent.
HOW CAN YOU MANAGE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have the right to access, correct, or delete your personal data, cancel the account, change the scope of your consent, withdraw your consent and unsubscribe commercial advertisements. You may contact us at any time through the contact information stated at the bottom of this Privacy Statement. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
Our websites and Services are not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect personal data of children under the age of 16 or such other applicable age of consent for privacy purposes in the applicable jurisdictions. If you believe a child has provided us with personal data, please contact us with sufficient details to enable us to delete that data.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
Since the business of InsureMO covers multiple countries and regions, after we obtain your consent via this Privacy Statement, your personal data may be transferred to the overseas affiliates of InsureMO or the countries and regions where relevant service providers are located, or may be visited from oversea. In such case, we will ensure that the transfer complies with applicable data protection laws and legislations and we will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that the recipient of your personal data offers an adequate level of protection and security, for instance by entering into the appropriate back-to-back agreements and, standard contractual clauses or an alternative mechanism for the transfer of data, when required by applicable local law.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
This Privacy Statement takes effect on the date first above written. This Privacy Statement may be modified when there is any amendment in applicable laws, or when there is a major change in our service functions. However, without your explicit consent, your rights granted under this Privacy Statement will not be derogated. As for major changes to this Privacy Statement, we will send conspicuous notices (including notifying you through website announcements or push notifications). If you do not agree to the update of this Privacy Statement, please contact us for a satisfactory reply before continuing your use of the Services.
If you have any questions, comments, complaints or suggestions about this Privacy Statement, or if you wish to exercise any of your rights you may have under applicable law in relation to your personal data, please send your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you contact us, please indicate in which country and/or state or region you reside.
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy. If, however, you believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, you can also raise a concern or lodge a complaint with a data protection authority with jurisdiction.
European Economic Area (“EEA”) and the United Kingdom (“UK”) Addendum
This section of the Privacy Statement applies only if you are located in the EEA or the UK or Europe (but outside the EEA) and supplements this Privacy Statement.
We are the controller of personal data only when we collect personal data and determines the purposes and measures of processing that personal data. For example, if you, as a user of InsureMO Platform Services, register an account with us or provide your contact information in order to receive customer support, we are the controller of that specific data. If you host your own services on InsureMO Platform or if any of your individual customers’ personal data is uploaded to the InsureMO Platform for purposes of insurance transaction, we act as a data processor with respect to that data. Our business may request us to transfer your personal data to countries outside of the EEA or the UK. We strive to take appropriate steps to ensure that an adequate level of protection is provided for your personal data. We implement measures such as entering into written agreements including standard contractual clauses and other data protection agreements as required by the applicable law with recipients.
If you are located in the EEA or the UK or Europe (but outside the EEA), we will only process your personal data upon occurrence of one or more of the following legal bases:
- Consent: You have consented to the use of your personal data, for example to send you direct marketing.
- Contractual necessity. We need your personal data to provide you with the Services, for example to respond to your inquiries.
- Compliance with a legal obligation. We have a legal obligation to use your personal data, for example to comply with tax and accounting obligations.
- Legitimate interests. We or a third party have a legitimate interest in using your personal data. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in using your personal data for product development and internal analytics purposes, and otherwise to improve the safety, security, and performance of our InsureMO Platform. We only rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interests to process your personal data when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
You may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you consider that our processing of your personal data infringes applicable law.